HR Business Partner
Location: OCC, Wymondham or PHQ, Martlesham
Part Time (14.8 hrs) - Temporary for 1 year
£38,619 - £43,830 per annum
Closing date: 9 October 2020 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: L1518 on application form.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an HR team providing professional advice, guidance and coaching to designated Commands with Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. You will work in partnership with the senior management teams, acting as a principal advisor, developing and implementing people management strategies and supporting delivery of organisational change projects.
You will line manage HR Advisors within your area of responsibility, developing and supporting them, and seeking to continuously improve the quality and value of the HR Service. You will drive the delivery of the people management strategy and implement initiatives to support the delivery of organisation and HR strategies.
Applications are invited for the above post in the Joint HR department based at Suffolk PHQ, Martlesham Heath or Norfolk OCC, Wymondham
Job advert (including person specification)
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Chartered MCIPD or equivalent experience
- Proven relevant generalist experience within a complex and fast changing HR environment
- Demonstrated current knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, HR policy, procedure, best practice and experience of the practical application of legislation and case law
- Significant experience of managing change programmes including knowledge of TUPE and COSOP regulations
- Proven experience of providing comprehensive, practical advice to managers
- Proven experience of leading and delivering organisational change projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing and planning large, sometimes conflicting priorities to meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent coaching, influencing and negotiation skills, with effective verbal and written communication to a wide range of audiences, and the ability to work collaboratively with others to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated proactive and flexible approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to make decisions on difficult and contentious issues where there may be various courses of action
- Proven ability to work using own initiative with minimum guidance to develop solutions to unprecedented problems
- Previous experience of managing HR staff
- Able to travel to locations within Norfolk and Suffolk as required
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Experience of using HR software
- Knowledge and experience of Police Regulations and Police Staff Conditions of Service
Hours of work are 14.8 per week Monday and Tuesday. This post is offered on a temporary basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.