Personal Safety Trainer
Full Time (37 hours) - Permanent
Band E: £27,339 - £31,095 per annum
Closing date: Friday, 25 October 2019 at 5pm
Please quote Ref: C497 on application form
Learning and Development is a joint department currently delivering training courses to officers and staff across Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. Applications are invited for the above post at PHQ, Martlesham, although there may be a requirement to travel to Norfolk and other parts of the region on an occasional basis.
This role will primarily be to design and deliver both initial and refresher Personal Safety Training and TASER training, working as part of the Personal Safety Training department at PHQ Martlesham.
Principle purpose of the role:
To design and deliver training for members of Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies, the Special Constabularies and Police Staff in Personal Safety, First Aid, Mental Health Awareness, physical fitness and the use of Personal Safety appointments including; conducted energy devices (Taser) in accordance with relevant Health and Safety requirements.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of developing both classroom based and physical training courses from the planning stage to delivery
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of physical fitness necessary to carry out the requirements of the job
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and oral communication skills, maintaining control of students and motivating as required
- Proven ability to work with the minimum of supervision and use own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate good organisational and written communication skills
- Experience of using computer systems, ideally with experience of PowerPoint and word processing packages
- Possession of a relevant qualification in physical education or equivalent experience
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience in directing personal safety training or self-defence training in a police or similar environment
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety issues
- Possession of current First Aid certificate
- The minimum qualification for this post is the possession of an initial teacher training qualification, health and safety qualification and a Personal Safety Trainers Certificate. In the case of any one appointed without the appropriate qualifications, the qualifications must be obtained within one year of appointment
Hours of work are 5 days per week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday (08.00- 16.00) and may include some weekend working. This post is offered on a permanent basis. However, we are specifically interested in candidates who may wish to work on a flexible basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.