Salary (including ‘pro rata’ - if required) £23,946 - £27, 096
Closing Date: Friday 17 April 2020
Please quote Ref: L1292a on application form
Transport Services Department provides an efficient and effective vehicle and transport service to Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies. Providing fit for purpose vehicle and transport solutions and ensuring the availability of vehicles appropriate for their intended use. Applications are invited for the above post in the Transport Services department at Halesworth.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake the routine servicing and repair of vehicles according to force policy.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Recognised qualification in motor vehicle technology. Apprenticeship, City and Guilds Technicians Certificate, NVQ or similar
- Significant workshop experience after training was completed
- Ability to work on own initiative and diagnose faults
- Ability to complete work to a very high standard
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- To be able to maintain accurate vehicle records
- Demonstrate team player skills
- Basic keyboard skills and working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of modern vehicle electronics and electronic systems
- Knowledge of vehicle tyre specifications and tyre changing procedures
- Current driving licence
Hours of work are 37 per week Monday to Friday. This post is offered on a permanent basis.
Consideration will be given to whether the post can be delivered on either a part time or job share basis, in line with the organisational requirements of this role.
The recruitment criteria for all posts are subject to reasonable adjustment in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Applications from at-risk staff will be prioritised and receive preference in any selection process.
These forms as well as application guidance notes are also available on the right hand side of the page in the Downloads section.
Please return completed applications by email to email@example.com.