Foreign Nationals Registration
Norfolk Constabulary's promise to the public is captured in its Pledge Statement:
We will enhance the quality of life for everyone in Norfolk by striving to continually:
- improve people's confidence in us
- increase the satisfaction of our customers, achieving the outcomes that matter
- reduce crime, anti-social behaviour and the fear of crime.
Requirement to register with the Police
All those persons required to undertake Police registration will from 1 September 2017 be required to complete the overseas_visitor_registration_form.docx.
You will be required to download this form and complete it electronically, print it out and bring it with you to your Police registration appointment. Failure to do so will mean you will not be able to do your Police registration.
This form applies only to those persons who have not done Police registration previously, not those who already have Police registration certificates nor those persons wishing to update a previously issued Police registration certificate, the updating procedure will remain the same.
You will still be required to bring a second passport size photograph, payment of £34, proof of address and CAS, together with your passport and BRP card or visa (whichever you are in possession of).
Locations to register
The Nationalities Clerk for Police Registration is located at the Operations and Communications Centre (OCC), Wymondham, NR18 0WW, Norfolk
The clerk is available, by appointment only and the majority of the appointments will normally take place at the UEA
For non-UEA students, please email email@example.com
If a foreign national attends this location on a Tuesday without an appointment, there can be no guarantee the nationality clerk would be in attendance.
Please note, telephone appointments can only be made on these days. It may be easier to email firstname.lastname@example.org
To make an appointment directly please use the attached link.
A foreign national who attends at any other police station or site in the force area to register with the police (including any subsequent changes to their personal circumstances or details) will be directed to contact the Operations and Communications Centre "registration location" as listed above.
What documents will I require to register?
First Time Registrations
If you are registering for the first time, you will be asked to bring with you the following:
- Your passport.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Registration fee of £34. Payment should made with Bank of England notes and coins. No debit cards, credit cards, or £50 notes will be accepted.
- If you are a student, you must bring your university/college offer letter with details of your studies, and student card.
- If an organisation or company is sponsoring your studies, you should bring a letter from the organisation to confirm this.
- If you are employed in the United Kingdom you must bring your work permit and details of your employers.
- Proof of Address – e.g. university/college/institute licence agreement, utility bill, tenancy agreement
- Biometric Visa Card.
Transfers/Amendments or Changes to your details
As above, except payment of £34 is not required.
Replacement or Re-issue of Certificate
As per ‘first time registrations’.
Getting to our HQ
Operations & Communications Centre (OCC)
Falconers Chase, Wymondham,
Norfolk, NR18 0WW
People from the following countries are required to register with the police:
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab - Emirates